Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things I Love 2010

10. I love the Pioneer Woman blog written by Ree Drummond
Her sense of humor is hillarious and her photography is gifted
When I finishih reading her blog each day
My spirits are lifted.

For Christmas I received the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook by Ree Drummond. I also gifted the book to Amy-Sue and to Tiff. So far I have not tried many of the recipes, but the photography and the narrative makes the book so charming that it has a place of honor on my counter in the kitchen. Her sense of humor just cracks me up and; if you have ever had a close experience with a Bassett Hound, this book is a must read for you.
Well, Tri Delta alumni meeting was fun and productive--we assembled about twenty hygiene kits for Whittier women who have fled to refuge from abuse. And we had great conversations and planning for next month "s visit to the Gamble House. (Sorry I will miss this tour, but we will be in Arizona for baseball Spring Training camps. Too bad everything happens at the same time)This small group of women is mighty, and I am so glad to be a part of it.
"Delta Delta Delta is forever" is something we learned in our collegiate chapters and now I can
understand the meaning of that quotation. We all went to different colleges, but there is a bond of sisterhood that we all feel, and that was talked about last night. ( why did it take me 50 years to really "get it"?)
Thrift and Vintage Shop duty today--it is always interesting. For me the hours pass by rapidly because there is always something to do or someone to chat with while I work.

No comments: