Friday, October 24, 2008

Thursday Trippin'

Thursday was the last day of "Visitation" at Carden Whittier School, and since the students go home (or out to lunch) with their parents after the morning classes, and since my visitation classes were afternoon classes ( so all gone by noon); I decided to save the school some money and cancel my one morning class and stay home. Then we decided to venture out to the Inland Empire and do a few errands. We borrowed Amy-Sue and Gian's Durango so we could take a folding ladder to be fixed--it folds so neatly for carrying in the RV, but had gotten bent so it wouldn't lock well (not safe!!! to be 6 ft. up on, especially in the Wyoming wind).
We found Global Products Logistics, Inc. in Claremont or Upland and they were soooooo nice. Fixed the problem, chatted for a little while and left us feeling that it was worth the trip.
For me the best was yet to come. We travelled on to Rancho Cucamonga to the brand new Tai Pan Trading Co. store. It is really, really, really something! I have been in a lot of stores, but this is the biggest and best home decor store I have ever seen. It is worth the day trip, gasoline, traffic, etc. I didn't buy too much, because CUW Boutique and Luncheon is Saturday and I am saving my money for that, but I know what I saw, and I will be comparing items and prices, in anticipation of my next trip....Amy-Sue and Tiff, can you say "Girls' Day Out?"
When I could finally extract myself from that store, we grabbed a quick lunch and headed for Bass Pro Shop, which is "eye candy" for Bob. It is a lot like Cabela's--very fun to look around, but nothing I want to buy. (What???) Then we headed for home along the nasty old 91 Freeway, but just ahead of the crowd. Surely it was our day! Thanks Amy-Sue for the Urban Assault Vehicle--glad you and the girls liked the HHR.
Blessings: Safety of travel, Kindness of business owners, Talents of many decorators, Patience of Bob (while I shopped, he sat)
Regrets: Tai Pan Trading Co is too far away (hmmmm, or maybe that is a blessing in disguise),
lack of will power (or is it "won"t" power?)

1 comment:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

I'm in...when are going??
My girls LOVED that car-the top rolled off, my buns were warmed, the radio was handy on the steering wheel and we knew what direction we were going all the time...what's not to love about the HHR?