Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday Fun

Started out doing some house cleaning and more laundry (does it ever end?) Then lunch and time to go to the Assistance League Thrift Shop for my monthly assignment. When I first started at the thrift shop, I wasn't very excited about it; but I now find myself looking forward to the second Friday of the month. The ladies I work with are fun and interesting and we have a great time; the customers are really nice; and I like to look at all the neat "stuff" we have for sale. I didn't buy anything this time, but I do have my eye on a couple of things (which probably won't be there next month--but if they are, they are meant for me). We always go out for dinner after I finish work--El Zarape which is one of our favorites. Took a drive over to Vet's Stadium to peek in the fence at the Poly football game score (they were winning as usual) then home for our own challenge--gin rummy. I lost again. Tomorrow I WILL plant some flowers...really. Make it a great day!
Blessings: being a volunteer, meeting new people, family, good food
Regrets: I didn't buy that adorable snowman cookie jar, I didn't contact a Missionary Sister who has been heavy on my mind (pay attention to the spirit!)

No comments: