Sunday, April 26, 2009

In Any Case. . .

Last week we scheduled a "big trash" pick up. We had a few big items to get rid of, soooo we did.
Not too much to ask--except--Bob is still in recovery mode from his surgery so he can't lift much. Most of the items were not too hard to handle...until I got to the toilet. Hmmmm they are kinda heavy, so I got the dolly and found that the toilet didn't fit very well. I sure hope nobody was taking pictures of me and the old "t"as I wrestled that monster to the street.
Wow! Just a few hours later a small pickup truck is in front of our house and a very small (but evidently strong) man was seen wrestling the "t" into his truck. By the time morning came, I wondered why we bothered the city with a "big trash" request. So few items were left I probably could have put them in next week's cans. In any case, it's gone!
Thursday I taught at Carden from 9:30 to 2:05, then I dashed from school, in Whittier, to the AssistanceLeague for a tea for new members at 3:00. One of my very good friends from Hill MS teaching days is joining , and I wanted to be there to greet her. Sounds okay so far. The only problem is that parking is at a premium at ALLB and I couldn't car pool, so I had to drive my own car. Not a problem, unless, of course, you are just learning to drive a Hummer! I can't find the parking lines yet, so I had to take up two spaces. I can see that I need practice in that area.
In any case, I got there in time.
Thursday evening was Open House in Long Beach Unified, for elementary schools. Well, we have two different elementaries to get to, and Bob wasn't up for mad dash and crowds, so i hopped into the trusty Hummer and headed for Tincher to visit Sabrina and Tabitha's classrooms. Only had to park two blocks away! Then I jumped (literally, it is a jump) into the Hummer and hummed my way to Fremont to catch up with the Ashcrafts--Camryn, Hudson, and Devyn). Luckily, they had parking on the playground! How fun to see each of them so excited about their work and their school. I remind myself that this is why we don't live on that golf course in Utah. In any case, I think I got to see it all--and believe me, there is a lot to see!
Friday,at 8as my car went back to get its brakes and other parts repaired. We thought we had that done, but obviously not. (see my previous blog) Home by 10:30, I had the pleasure to give Jolene Hale , whom I just met last Sunday at church, a knitting lesson. She is quick to learn, I think she will be pearling next week! In any case, she's a really nice girl and fun to talk to.
At 11:40 I dashed from the house, stopped by the gooey cupcake store for cupcakes, and made it down to Tincher in time for "Power Lunch" with Sabrina, Tabitha, Amy-Sue and Charlee and the other Tincher moms. One hour of fun and conversation.
Then back home to get a few (very few) chores done before the Keesters picked us up for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and the Millikan vs Poly baseball game. Millikan won and remains undefeated! It was a whirlwind day, but in any case. . .tons of fun.
Saturday we had to retrieve my car and then I was on the freeway by 9:15 to meet some members of my Delta Delta Delta alumni chapter at the Orange County Design Home. Instead of just one home, however, there were 6 condos on the 13th and 14th floors of the Central Park West Astoria to see. Things are certainly different in the decorating world. I doubt that I would enjoy living 13 floors up in a structure like that, nice as it was, it just isn't me. What's that you're thinking, "She's getting old"! Yep! You're right. But in any case it was fun to see the latest in decor and colors and then to have a lunch catered by Tulip Rose.
Blessings: being here, being able, having opportunities to be with family and with friends
Now it is Sunday...a new week is starting...make it a GREAT week!

2 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

you live a busy life...in any case, we were glad for your help this week!

ashcraft8 said...

The kids are always so happy when you come to open house. They love showing off their projects. We love having you so close!