Friday, April 3, 2009

It's April !

We got our letter from MHHS Martin's Cove, finally, telling us when we need to be there and what space we have for the RV. We think it is the same spot we had last year. All the spaces are filled and we are so excited to see so many familiar names occupying the Loop C spaces. What a reunion! We have found that the people we serve with become like our true brothers and sisters, and since we are both only children, that is very special to us. We got the RV back on Monday, and didn't get lost in the process because I used the navigation feature of my new cell phone to get us there. (ooooo I feel so "techno-savvy"). Bob has spent this week checking and fixing things with the help of our good friend and home teacher Irv Miller. One thing we still have to do is put new tires on it (big expense, but--safety issue). Each new thing gets us more excited! Back to storage for now so it is off the street. Our neighbors are nice but, we don't want to push our luck.
Tuesday was Book Club and our book of the month was Wednesday Letters. I haven't been to Book Club in a long time (although I have read the books) and I found out how much I missed it.
I have felt very out of touch in our newly configured Ward and finally decided that I was causing that myself. It isn't easy for me to reach out, personally, but it is rewarding when I do.
We had the Missionaries over for dinner Wednesday. Elder Watkins is a direct descendent of Peter Mc Bride and of Jacob Hamblin so our conversation was mostly about church history. Retelling the story of the McBride family's events in the Martin Handcart Company was a good reminder for me that I need to review the stories we tell at Martin's cove. It is always great to have the Missionaries in our home and it has been too long since we last were able to feed them and have them share the gospel with us. Hooray for the Missionaries!!
Tiffany's birthday was Thursday--she and Amy-Sue went to Disneyland. What a girls' night out!
(April is adult birthday month: Tiff on April 2 and Gian on April 30).
My classes are still working on their paper mosaics. Some are finishing and I am very pleased with how they look. The Calligraphers (8th grade) are finishing their Haiku Books and they are wonderful .The best part is that they are excited about them, too. The rewards of being a teacher way outweigh the work involved.
General Conference is coming up......I love the General Authorities song--I'm trying to learn it.
Thanks to Amy-Sue for putting it on her blog.
Make it a great day, weekend, month, etc. etc. etc.

2 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

You failed to mention that April is also the month of love for your children. We both celebrate anniversarys this month!!! Drew and Tiff on the 18th and Gian and I on the 25th.

pati-Sue said...

I stand corrected.