Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Best Laid Plans. . .

I was set to go back to Carden School today. I even called one of the teachers and she was so happy to not have to plan an art lesson for the 7th & 8th grade classes. . .BUT. . .I woke up this morning to "two men down". First of all, Tigger the dog (who is over 14 yrs. old) is not feeling well--doesn't want to eat or get up--had a little pee pee accident in front of the door--just wants an occasional love pat (don't we all?). So the 5am mop up started my day and I just had a feeling things might not be too good, right then. Then Bob woke up and couldn't get comfortable, and after a lot of coaxing, told me had a "little" pain in his chest. Now we've had this on two other occasions and they turned out to be nothing, but it is something I cannot ignore even though he is saying "No don't stay home".
Swell, I think, man in pain and potential dead dog--this day is going to be a beaut! I am so lucky to work for a very good and understanding friend who doesn't mind calls early in the morning from an art resource teacher who will not be there today. I love Carden School, but I may have to turn in my artist's beret and be a stay-at-home wife, nurse, mop-up lady, until things are really normal (if there is such a thing!??)
Blessings: people who are understanding, concerned family, Heavenly Father who bolsters me up
Regrets: unfulfilled comittments,
Promise: I will make it a Great Day, come hell or high water!

1 comment:

mormonstoo said...

Sorry it took so long to look up your blog. Wow! What a way to end 2008! Will send you an e-mail with our challenges for 2009.

Love to you both,
Donna & John