Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to School ! !

The day finally arrived, the planets are in line and all systems are go for me to return to Carden Whittier School. Bob feels good today, Tigger is hanging in there and more alert and I am out of here! It is so good to be back--to greet the students (whose names I am trying hard to remember) and to get into the paints and sketching and visiting with the teachers. We are so formal at Carden that I know very, very few of the teachers' first names; even though I have known most of them for five years. We are Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Robb, Mrs. Ashcraft, etc. Reminds me of being on a mission where everyone has the same first name--Sister (or Elder), but we all care about each other as if we were best friends. The children seemed almost as happy to see me as the teachers (who had to do their own art lessons while I was gone). Yep. . . things are looking up.
Blessings: Bob's progress and improvement, a job to go to that I love, family and friends (some without first names)
Problems: Imperial Highway is once again torn up and the traffic is a mess
Promises: No complaining--just leave a little earlier, NO COMPLAINING (where is that darned purple "complaint-free world" bracelet??)

No comments: