Sunday, November 9, 2008

It is getting better, I think!

I can see Bob is feeling a little better, and he really wants out of the rehab/physical therapy "PIT" right now!!! Unfortunately, the most recent doctor has laid down the law to him, and until his heart, white cell count, and strength are all restored to normal he is staying at the PIT. Hopefully for this week. . .or both he and I will go crazy. But tonight he was up to playing Gin Rummy--and beat me; and when I put the cards away he said he wanted to continue the game.
Shoot! He often beats me at Gin Rummy, now even when he is sick... No fair!
Today I taught the Primary class I share ( with Stephanie Given ) for the first time since I was called. There are eleven boys and one girl in the class, and they are a super group. (Could you imagine what it would be like if they were wild---?) Can't say I'm thrilled to be in Primary, but it is only for a few months, until we head for Martin's Cove again--contingent on Bob's recovery, of course.
So, things are finally looking up!
Blessings: a great Primary class, Bob's recovering, family and friends, the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Regrets: I should have continued to play Gin Rummy with Bob (maybe he would have fallen asleep and I could have beat him--heh heh--) I am being careless with my own eating and sleeping, recent neglect of some of my friends who need some cheering up
Promise: I will do better!

2 comments:

ashcraft8 said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking better today. Sorry about you still loosing your game to Bob. Lets hope he's on the upward swing. We love you guys and you're in our prayers each night.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Love you Mom. hang in there, both of you