Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day by Day. . . Inch By Inch

Yesterday was terrible. Today is better. What is the difference? In my mind it lies in faith in God and faith in the Priesthood. When Bob was first sick Drew and Gian gave him a Priesthood blessing and even though he didn't get better, I was able to cope with the situation and listen to guidance and make decisions. Last night, after 5 days in CCU I called for another blessing based on the difference of the situation. I believe that one blessing for a problem is all you should get, but when Bob got worse yesterday I lost my optomistic attitude and crept away to cry. Then I decided to ask Brothers Johnson and Miller to administer to him, and within 30 minutes they were there. What a blessing that is and how grateful I am to them.
Now you may call the rest of this story coincidence, but I believe in the power of the Priesthood:
Not long after I left the hospital last night, Dr. John Ingram arrived in Bob's room to assess his condition. John Ingram was a student/athlete of Bob's when he taught at Hughes Jr. High in around 1959-60. Now he is Dr. John Ingram, Urologist, assigned to Bob's case. Call it what you want, I believe Heavenly Father heard the plea for help and sent the best around.
Today, Bob is soooooo much better, it truly is a blessing. We look forward to tomorrow being even better as assessments are made that will put down this "infection" that is running rampant through his body. Tomorrow WILL be a BETTER DAY!
Blessings: Family, Priesthood, Faith, Friends,
Regrets: That I am not more inquisitive, that I may rely too heavily on my children when they already have a full plate, that I am so impatient

Since we have been in CCU I have made the acquaintance of two families going through worse struggles than I am. Sadly, tonight both families lost their loved ones who were so very sick.
It was very touching to me to watch them as they left the hospital for the last time, within
minutes of each other. I was able to give one lady a hug as she left. I'll probably never see her again, but I shared a very poignant moment with her tonight, and she is in my prayers.

Boy this is a morbid post. No more until I can be more uplifting!!!!

1 comment:

ashcraft8 said...

We are so happy that Bob is doing better. We miss having him home and teasing him about his bath in the middle of the day. You are an amazingly strong woman and the backbone of this family. Bob is so lucky to have you as are we. Keep your spirits high but if they drop always know we are here for what ever you may need. We love you both so much and you both are in our prayers each night.