Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time Marches On

We are still in recovery mode here, but things are going well! Each time we visit a doctor (which is way too often for me) we get good news that Bob's problems are clearing up and he is doing well. He is to the point where he mostly walks without a walker, around the house, to the car, to the corner. He has "cabin fever" so bad, he begs to go with me to run errands and shop even though he still has to sit in the car while I go into the stores because he wears out before I am finished. So we spend part of the day driving around, and we go out at night to enjoy the Christmas lights. Thanks to help from "the kids" our Christmas shopping is moving along, the tree is purchased (Bob sat in the car, I'd hold up a tree, he'd give thumbs up or down until we agreed) and decorated. (Pictures will follow--when my "techno-savvy" girls, Amy-Sue and Tiff can help me.) Still have cards to address, but I'm nearly started. Although we have missed the Christmas parties, we are so blessed to have family close, and wonderful friends to visit us and feed us, fill in for me at the ALLB Thrift Shop, and check up on us. It is very hard for me to accept these outpourings of assistance but I have been counseled not to deny others blessings, and then to pass them on when I have the chances. This has definitely been a wake-up-call for us and caused us to focus on our blessings (which are plentious). It has been fun to "Pay It Ahead" at the drive-thrus, but I have to drive off in a rush so I can become annonymous--that is hard to do in my car--I don't want to get caught, by the recipient or by the police.
Make it a great day--smile at everyone, they'll smile back almost every time.
Now, where did I put those Christmas cards???

No comments: