Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rainy Days and Progress

Yesterday it rained most of the day. It gave us the chance to go a few things around here. We put a fire in the livingroom fireplace early in the morning and settled in for the day. Amy-Sue, Gian, and Charlee stopped by and brought us some man-made logs for the fireplace, because we are running out of wood. They were on a shopping outing, so they visited a while, then went on their way. We are so lucky to have our family close. Drew came by to get our "big" tree since we have a little (real) tree in the kitchen this year. Again, so great to have family around.
I found the Christmas cards, and they are done! The line at the post office was fast-moving, and it is a great feeling to have them in the mail. (One year I sent New Year's cards, hmmmmm!)
I made some treats for the neighbors, and wrapped them. They were easy and fun, and I'm ready to deliver them when the rain stops.
We did deliver some to one of my visiting teaching sisters, and Bob went with me, so we all had a nice visit on a rainy day. (Bob will go anywhere with me, just to get out of the house. He just sits in the car and waits for me while I shop. Pressure's on me to not dilly-dally around, though--but he never complains.) We finished the day with our usual games of gin rummy while the fire simmered on (wet wood, lasts a long time).
Bob is getting around without using the walker and that is progress! We even went out to dinner at Islands Grill on Tuesday night! They told him it would be six weeks before he could walk without it, but determination is a wonderful motivator. He tells me that today he will go into the grocery store with me to chose the Prime Rib for Christmas Eve Dinner. (hmmm, Prime Rib is a wonderful motivator, too.)

Blessings: family, friends, faith, sense of humor
Regrets: that more shopping needs to be don
Make it a GREAT day!

No comments: