Saturday, May 2, 2009

Come What MAY

April was not the best month for us, so we are glad to see May come. May 1 started off well. Remember that I have missed out on some merchandise that I really wanted at the ALLB Thrift and Vintage Store? Well, yesterday I scored! It was an "extra placement" day for me and I worked 10-4. As I started the day I toured the store to get acquainted with the merchandise. I have been wanting to add to our "everyday" china set (Rosenthal's "Maria White") so I would have enough dinner plates for the 15 of us, for Sunday dinners. Of course, we chose that pattern in 1960, when we got married, so finding it now would be a internet nightmare for me; plus, I don't buy stuff off the internet (old-fashioned geezer that I am). Well, what do you know? There they were, 8 Maria White dinner plates sitting on a shelf in the boutique section. (there were 8 small bread plates, too, but I didn't need those). Right then and there, I told the others that were working, those are meant for me--I'm buying them at 3:30 (when we can shop and buy)!!!
Yipeeeeeee! I got them!!!!!!! Now I can even have a few extra people for Sunday dinner!! Wannna come? :) :)

No comments: