Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Try again. . .

We have been called to serve a mission at the Mormon Handcart Historic Site at Martins Cove. I think this might be a good way to keep family and friends informed about our activities and adventures in the high plains of Wyoming. Tiff even suggested that the blogs can be made into a bound book when we return, thus saving me hours of scrapbooking time. This may not work however, because we are not sure we can communicate via cell phone and may not have any connection for the laptop. If that is the case, we'll resort to one blog per week when we go to Casper for groceries, etc.

We will be living in our motorhome, which has been fine for our other missions. This time the mission is only 3 months long--June, July, and August. I assume we will be home before school starts; which will be good for me since my job as the art resource teacher at Carden Whittier will be waiting for me.

While we are gone Drew and Tiffany and the 6 jolly grandkids will move in with Tigger (the 13 year old golden retriever) and keep him company. Amy-Sue and Gian did this for our other 2 missions, so now the Ashcraft clan is going to hold down our fort. We are so grateful for both families, we couldn't do it without their support. We will miss 5 birthdays and one baptism and we don't like that, but sacrifice is part of the mission experience so we'll have lots of Sunday birthday dinners to make up when we return.

We have real testimonies of Senior Missions! Life changing experiences occur and a whole lot of learning takes place. Blessings Blessings Blessings.

Enough for now. . .next time I will try adding a photo! Make it a great day! p-S.

1 comment:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Wow, Mom...you did it!!! And you didn't call me for help once. So here's a little poem for ya (and I'm not even going to call you for help):
Mission number 3
Is VERY difficult for me
A great time I'm sure you will have
But don't bring home a baby calf
Wyoming is plain and drab
But you will make it fab
I love you and will miss you
I will pray for you and dad too.

That's the best I could do!!!